Saturday, March 23, 2013

WW Linguini in White Wine Clam Sauce

Mmmm clams, clams, wonderful clams.

I feel like this weekend I have gotten out of my lovely habits that I have so religiously set for myself, so I told Kyle we NEEDED to make a WW recipe tonight.  He requested pasta since he is running a 10 mile race tomorrow (okay, you can have what you want... you'll be running far tomorrow).  So after weighing our options, with a slammin' looking bolognese sauce (thank you WW website), we settled on a Linguine in a White Wine Clam Sauce.. can we say YUMMO!?

After making this recipe tonight and making just a few MINOR tweaks, Kyle said, and I quote "This is like, Restaurant style cooking.. I feel like I could get this at Olive's in town". SCORE.

Linguini in White Wine Clam Sauce

What you need:
-1 lb linguini
-1 tbsp olive oil
-3 cloves garlic finely chopped
-1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
-2 tbsp dried basil (it called for fresh, but I only had the dried)
-1/4 cup fresh parsley finely chopped (or you could use 2 tbsp dried)
-1/2 cup white wine
-approx. 20 oz canned Clams, drain, reserve liquid
-1 tsp salt
-1 tsp black pepper

*save 1/2 cup of pasta cooking water if you want to add to your sauce to thicken
How to:
Cook linguini according to box.

In large skillet, heat olive oil, garlic & red pepper flakes over medium heat.  Let it simmer for approx 60 seconds (do not let garlic brown).  Add basil & parsley and let simmer for another 60 seconds.  Add the white wine and clam liquid.  Bring to a simmer for approx. 5 minutes.  Stirring occasionally.

Add the Clams, salt and pepper to the sauce.  Keep on Medium-Low heat until the pasta is ready. Strain the linguine then add the sauce and mix well.  Let sit on low heat for approx 5 minutes.  Serve and Enjoy!


YES PLEASE
*I added more clams, more clam liquid and more white wine - it just yielded more sauce for the pasta overall since Kyle LOVES to have his pasta doused in sauce.

WW Friends: 1 1/3 Cups is 1 serving - it yields 10 WW points plus per serving.

Enjoy!! - Jack =)

PS WW Friends!  I LOVE the popcorn brand "Popcorn Indiana" (they make AMAZING Kettle Corn), and I saw this Sea Salt natural Popcorn in Giant today.  Brought it home and scanned it, and it yielded 4 WW points plus per 3 cup serving!  YUM can we say new snack?!

No comments:

Post a Comment