Sunday, March 10, 2013

Restaurant week at Firestone's

Restaurant week turned out to be everything we had hoped it would be!  Kyle and I aren't exactly foodys, BUT I can say with confidence that we can definitely enjoy a great meal. We LOVE trying new and unique things.  On a menu, we are always looking for something we have not tried  before, so needlessly to say we were very excited to venture to Firestone's for the first time! It did NOT disappoint.

Yesterday started off hectic. Kyle ran, and placed in a 5K (go you!)
Then our poor little turkey-sized Leo (officially a solid 15 lbs) had a traumatic vet appt (I have nothing against vets, Leo makes the visits HORRENDOUS).
What's in your Starbucks, Mom?
Then after quick naps, and taking care of one tranquilized cat, we were finally able to go out on double date night! First of all, I have to say that the service, and hospitality at Firestone's is incredible.  Everyone is very polite, answers any questions, and our waiter was outstanding.  It's amazing how sometimes that can make or break your visit.

In honor of Restaurant week, all restaurants in town were running a 3 course meal for $30.13 deal.  At Firestone's they kept their regular menu and just supplemented pricing.  Again, I am not a food critic, but to the average persons eye at first their menu seems intimidating.  However after taking a chance to read, your mouth starts to water and you realize how delicious everything sounds.

We had a fantastic table, up on the balcony witha  great view of both the restaurant as well as a view out the window to the street (hooray for people watching!).

By the way, WW Friends?  Tonight was a "screw it" night.  I figured I would just enjoy myself and use up some of those points plus points that I try not to tap into during other times of the week!  And you know what?  It wasn't AS bad as I thought once I worked on calculations... sort of.

We all began with a sampling of Squash and Carrot Bisque topped with Creme compliments of the kitchen. Yes, please!  Then between appetizers and the main entree we had a palet cleanser of pineapple sorbet!

Kyle decided on the Prince Edward Island Mussels for his appetizer.
Followed by the Angus Natural Hanger Steak (amazeballs), for his entree, and instead of dessert he decided to get the side of Truffle Fries.  Truffle fries are my new favorite food, that I can never eat again, so long as I want to shed a few pounds that.

For my appetizer I went with the Field Green Salad. Featuring a roasted pear vinaigrette, local bartlett pears,  almonds, blue cheese & radish. YUM
Then for my entree, after drooling a while, went with the Grilled Diver Scallops with applewood smoked bacon (wrapped around the amazing scallops might I add), cauliflower risotto, truffle oil & aged balsamic.  I died. It was perfection.
I of course had to go for dessert, and Kyle & I somehow, managed to find room, and share the Lemon Bread Pudding with Honey Ice Cream.  So light and refreshing.


Firestone's for the win. Thanks for a great night! =)
-Jack








No comments:

Post a Comment