Sunday, March 3, 2013

Kale Chips

Kale is disgusting...  or it was, to me at least. However I kept on seeing all these posts about how delicious Kale Chips were.  I kept thinking, how can this bitter icky vegetable appeal to so many people?  Then again, I also used to think that about spinach, mushrooms, peas and the list goes on...  I figured I should give them a shot.  I'm trying to eat healthier, and they have tons of vitamins and a lot of great benefits.  Additionally, Kyle read that Kale is very beneficial to runners because of the antioxidants and vitamins.  So, in that case, ATTENTION RUNNERS, EAT MORE KALE.

After that, we bought kale. We baked kale. And we ate all of the kale chips in about 5 minutes. Enough said.

Here is my brief and easy recipe for
Kale Chips!

What you need:
-A bushel of Kale
-1 tbsp EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
-2 tbsp Sea Salt (I prefer sea salt grinders)
that's it!

How To:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
First cut the leafy part kale from the tough stem.  Tear into bite size pieces.

Place in a colander and wash thoroughly.

Make sure kale is dry. I set it out on paper towels for about 10 minutes, then pat dry.

Place the kale on an un-greased baking sheet.  Drizzle with olive oil.  Sprinkle the salt around the kale.


Place in oven and bake for approximately 10-15 minutes. Let sit for a few minutes before removing from pan.


To store - I usually keep it in an open tupperware or open bag.  I have found that if I close it, the salt and oil creates moisture and it becomes soggy.  Usually we consume the kale within 2 or 3 days at max, and it still tastes great.

WW Friends: A serving of Kale Chips I considered about a handful (approx. a cup & a half) and will work out to 2 Points Plus points in the tracker.

Enjoy! - Jack

No comments:

Post a Comment