Monday, March 25, 2013

On-a-budget Easter Bark!

DE LISH Easter Bark!
By the time Easter rolls around every year, between Christmas and birthdays I feel like I am all out of any sort of money to purchase things for the ones I love.  Easter, luckily, is not all about gifts and presents - for us Coupe's? It's about being with family and celebrating Easter's true meaning.  However, it can still be fun to play Easter bunny and provide loved ones with a sweet snack!

Last year, I found a great recipe for Easter Bark, and this year I created my own!  I stuck to the same recipe for everyone last year, and this year I thought, why can't I break out and just make everybody bark with their favorite candy in it?

Overall, between baggies, ribbon & bark ingredients we skimmed $25, for about 6 people.. I'll take it!

Below is my recipe for the DE-LISH and not-so-healthy (I refuse to put it in weight watchers, and give it away so I won't eat it) Custom Easter Bunny Bark!

What you need:
(this recipe yields 1 serving of Easter Bark for approx. 2 people)
-mini stick pretzels
-12 oz bag white chocolate morsels
-12.6 oz bag M&Ms
These ingredients depend on what kind of bark you want to make!
I used:
-Mounds & coconut M&Ms vs regular M&Ms (for one serving)
-Peppermint Paddys (for one serving)
-Reeses Peanut Butter Eggs (for one serving)
-Rollos (for one serving)

How to:
Use a large cookie sheet and cover with Wax paper.

Use approx 1 cup of broken up stick pretzels & spread out on half of the baking sheet.  Then pick your favorite candy, let's start with Reese's Peanut Butter Eggs.  Break up the candy and spread over the pretzels.  Next add some M&M's scattered around.
1 side with pretzels - right side with pretzels & candy
The Mounds bark with pretzels, mound candy & coconut M&Ms 
Rollo Bark in the Process - I tried to pull the pieces apart
so that the caramel was stretched over a larger area
In a microwave safe dish, heat 1 cup of white chocolate, covered with saran (be sure to leave a small hole to vent).  I start with 1:40 on power 6.  Stir, and put in for 45 seconds at power 7, stirring halfway.  Put in for another 25 seconds at 7 (if it is still chunky). BE CAREFUL NOT TO BURN, or the chocolate will get harder and chunky (gross, trust me).

Pour the white chocolate overtop of the candy & pretzels.  Carefully spread with a spatula to make sure all areas are covered.  Sprinkle with M&Ms to finish off.  Refrigerate for approx 1 hour.  Once it is set and hardened, break into pieces (I prefer just breaking with my hands to make uneven pieces).
Freshly poured hot white chocolate with M&Ms on top 
Kyle helping decorate with M&Ms
Broken up pieces
Wrap up in cute baggies, and voila! You're finished!

Perfect!!
For the other candy, just replace where I added the Reese's.  When I made the "mounds" bark, I used coconut M&Ms instead of regular M&Ms.

Now we have four delicious barks for six lovely people!

Happy Easter!!
enjoy - Jack =)

No comments:

Post a Comment