Saturday, March 2, 2013

The Perfect Brunch Out!

Last sunday (February 24), two girlfriends and decided to try out this supposedly "incredible" brunch that I have heard about at Acacia.  We made reservations that was suggested online, through OpenTable, right for 11 am when they opened.  We showed up and were the first ones at the restaurant.  Reservations necessary? No! But worth it? Sure!  Being the first group there, we were lead through the gorgeous restaurant to the "Best table in the house".  It had a gorgeous view of their courtyard, and lots of windows. It just made for a perfect Brunch setting.  It also made this fall and winter loving girl yearn for spring!

The service was amazing, and the food was to die for!  I think my weight watchers goals went on temporary hold for those 2 hours.  Obviously we had to start with Mimosa's, the way every day should start, and was surprised with a tray of hot chocolate doughnuts, compliments of the kitchen.  They came with a seasalted caramel dipping sauce, and were still warm. DE-LISH.

After looking over the menu, where everything sounded yummy, I settled on the Seafood Hash, which I was informed had fresh salmon, cod & halibut (if I remember correctly).  It was served over potatoes and beets, topped off with over easy eggs and a hollandaise sauce.  If I had been sitting there all alone eating, there would have been no food on my plate after about 5 minutes.  But I was a lady, and took my time. It was every part hot, delicious, satisfying and wonderful.  Kristin enjoyed a Tomato benedict, that she said was yummy, and Stephanie enjoyed the Crabcake Benedict, which again, she said it was wonderful.


What is it that I want you to get out of all of this? Go to Acacia for brunch. Now.

No comments:

Post a Comment