Friday, March 29, 2013

Mom's Chicken Salad

 
My mom makes FANTASTIC chicken salad.  Light, refreshing, sweet, yet savory.  It is so delicious, especially on top of a buttery, flaky croissant.  However, it is not so WW friendly, so she suggested, "hey, I'm making chicken salad, want me to separate out ingredients so that you can create your own?" SURE! Thanks Mom!!

Kyle and I arrived up in PA today, to find of course, my mothers wonderful chicken salad, and another bowl of ingredients minus the mayo for me to play around with. 

I am not claiming that this chicken salad is as delicious as hers, but it is a weight watchers friendly alternative!!

What you need:
-2 cups cooked & shredded  OR roughly chopped Chicken
-3/4 cup chopped celery
-3/4 cup fresh grapes (cut in half)
-1/2 cup rough chopped walnuts

-2 tbsp reduced fat mayo
-3 tbsp fat free sour cream
-1 tsp salt
-1 tsp black pepper
-1/2 tbsp lemon juice

How to:
Combine ALL ingredients in a medium size bowl.  That's it!

WW Friends: This recipe yields 8 servings - each serving being 1/2 cup at 4 points plus points. (woo hoo!). 
Momma loves to serve this on croissants (buttery flaky goodness) so I split one in half.  1/2 a croissant yields 3 points - so there is a 7 point lunch! Yummies! Light & DE-LISH!

Thanks Mom!! =)
Enjoy - Jack

No comments:

Post a Comment