Monday, March 11, 2013

Mint Chip Chobani Fro-Yo

Sticking with the Green theme of St. Pat's day, I thought I would add the Chobani creation that I fixed yesterday.  This was of course a Pinterest find (what did we ever do before pinterest?), and I figured, mint chocolate chip ice cream is my DOWNFALL... so why shouldn't I try a healthier version?  Sure, it is no Turkey Hill Mint Chip ice cream, but it is pretty delicious and satisfying!!

What you need:
 -Chobani Vanilla Chocolate Chunk
- Peppermint Extract
- Green food dye
-Mini chocolate chip semi-sweet morsels

How to:
Keep the yogurt in the bin.  It's great for freezer storage!  Add a 3 drops of green food dye to the yogurt.  Carefully stir (so as not to spill on the counter.  Add 3 more - if you wish add more!  Get it to the deliciously green color you love.  Add approx. 1 tbsp of peppermint extract - the original recipe called for 1 tsp, however, I am a peppermint lover, and I really wanted to try to make it seem as minty as possible, so I added 1 tbsp.  Maybe try 1 tsp, and sample, and add from there!  Mix well.

To top it off, add a few mini chocolate chip semi-sweet morsels and mix in.  Why not add a few more chips?!

Freeze for at least 4-5 hours.  Once you are going to eat the yogurt, let the container sit out for a minute or two so that it is easier to cut the spoon through.  It has a consistency of ice cream mixed with water ice.


Sprinkle with a few more semi-sweet morels (but don't go overboard, it will affect your points).

WW Friends: This yields 4 servings, 1 serving is 1/2 cup of yogurt at 2 WW Points Plus points (woo hoo!).

Enjoy! - Jack

No comments:

Post a Comment