Sunday, June 22, 2014

Zoodles not Noodles!

My life currently revolves around ZOODLES.  Not noodles, ZOODLES.  The wonderful gorgeous creation of peeled/julienned zucchini, boiled or steamed, and served as pasta.  You can boil them so that they become soft like pasta.  You can eat them with shrimp, you can eat them with meat, you can eat them in your house, you could eat them on your porch. You can eat them ANYWHERE!

Here is how I enjoyed my Zoodles today:
For a personal size:
1 large zucchini/squash - julienne and place in boiling water.  Boil for approx 3-5 minutes (stirring around occasionally).  When you are happy with their consistency drain, and let drain for about 10 minutes (encouraging occasionally).
- Peel a handful of shrimp, and mix them with parsley, sea salt, pepper, garlic & onion powder.  Add about a 1/2 tbsp of coconut oil (does not matter melted vs. hard).
- Saute the shrimp until cooked through.  Toss the shrimp and zoodles together, adding a splash of organic grassfed butter, salt & pepp.

Enjoy!

Also - here are a few more 'successes' from this past week:
Paleo Pizza!
 http://paleospirit.com/2014/paleo-pizza-crust-recipe/ find the delicious pizza crust recipe we used here!  Then I top the pizza with simple tomato sauce, fresh whole fat mozz cheese, olives, sausage, bacon, & peppers. Yum!
Coconut Pancakes! Kyle's new favorite
Coconut pancakes with baked bacon
http://ancestralchef.com/paleo-coconut-pancakes/ Find the recipe for coconut pancakes here!
Kudos to Mom for this one! She made Diane's "Practical Paleo" pumpkin pancakes (which are DELICIOUS). she used them as a 'crepe' and rolled up bananas & organic maple syrup  accompanied by baked bacon. BRAVO, mom, bravo!
So before I finish, I just have to say that in almost 2 weeks I am already seeing a transformation. Not necessarily just in weight, but also in my body.  Of course everything is "working well".  I am eating SO MANY vegetables that I feel like I am getting more than enough fiber.  Also - last night I 'cheated' a bit since we had friends over.  I drank more wine than usual, and decided to splurge a little at dinner.  I have to say I am not feeling so hot AT ALL today.  No, I did not drink so much wine that I'm hungover, but it's more like a food hangover. My stomach just feels unsettled, and not happy. Meanwhile, the past 2 weeks, my body has felt great! I couldn't remember the last time I had a stomach ache - I think my body likes clean eating, for sure.

All of that being said, I am almost happy that I am feeling this way today. It's a reminder that my body is changing, and it is responding to new ways of eating and things are happening.  Changes take a long time, but it is always nice to have a positive response.  I think it will be a long time before I 'cheat' again and go non-paleo!

Happy Sunday!

=) Jack

No comments:

Post a Comment