Wednesday, June 18, 2014

These are a few of my Favorite (paleo) things!

Before I begin - I need to say Sorry I'm Not Sorry for blowing up Instagram and Facebook with food pictures.  I know that a lot of people "can't stand seeing food" on social media, but you know what? It's motivating to me.  I find it very motivating to be proud of healthy, beautiful food that I am making, and sharing it with people that do enjoy it makes me feel good and positive. So if someone needs to unfriend or un-follow me, no offense taken! Because I am simple choosing to not stop posting pictures of my beautiful paleo food =).

I am well into week two, and still loving my Paleo lifestyle.  Down another lb or 2 from the weekend, woo hoo! I know what you're thinking, week 2? Big deal!  Well guess what, when you make a lifestyle change like this and you have not caved and stuffed your face with ice cream, or french fries, or tons of junk food, then you should be proud of yourself!  I read a few articles, and through Diane Sanfilippo's wise words in Practical Paleo, I have taken the mind set of "it's not that I can't have the food, I am choosing not to eat it".  So I am CHOOSING to live paleo... I am CHOOSING to not eat dairy, because I don't want to, it's not because I can't.  Mental games are insane, aren't they? They have such a huge impact.

Well I thought I would post a few of the favorite things that we've had so far on Paleo. All but maybe one or two things are recipes from Practical Paleo book, so I cannot claim these as my own, and I wasn't planning on it. I highly commend Diane on putting together an accessible, relatable book with truly delicious recipes. Clean eating is delicious! And it's not weird "fat free with fat free healthy substitutes". It's real ingredients without all of the factory do-up before it reaches your mouth.

So here are a few of Kyle and my Faaaaavorite things we've had so far!
Practical Paleo Savory Chicken Legs - EASY and finger-lickin' good
Practical Paleo Stir Fry 
One of my typical lunches - An Egg/Pepp/Mush/Sausage Muffin I made myself - and a hearty salad with grilled chicken, bacon, egg, peppers, lettuce & cucumber (I have been using a non-paleo dressing for now since I am not going to waste until I run out)
Practical Paleo Bison Burger using Diane's Curry Spice Blend on a Portobello 
Practical Paleo stuffed peppers (our absolute favorite)

Practical Paleo ZOODLES (without Diane's delicious combos - but just some grass-fed butter & sea salt/pepp)
"Cauli-Rice" with Green Beans & Salmon Cooked in EVOO with Herbs
Despite fruit containing a lot of sugar and carbs, I still love my berries! And of course their adorable containers that I found at Relish Decor downtown.
We have made many other things, and loved them all, but these are some of the highlights that we've had on our paleo journey thus far.

Also - Check out Diane's Blog : http://balancedbites.com/about-diane-sanfilippo

Happy Wednesday!

Love always - Jack =)

1 comment:

  1. The berry baskets look so cute! We are glad to see you are enjoying them and are inspired by your healthy eats posts! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete