Friday, July 4, 2014

So I took a Chill Pill....

So I took a Chill Pill... and I stopped weighing myself everyday.  I knew it was ridiculous, but I think in the first week or two I was getting so motivated and pumped up by the fact that I seemed to be moving every day.  Then of course, you hit the days that are not so great. SO I stopped weighing myself every day, and I haven't weighed myself in a week... AND... I AM BELOW MY NASTY NUMBER. You know, that number, that you can't remember the last time you were below that terrible number?  I am 1.1 lbs below it!! It took me a minute while I looked at the scale, is it right? Wait, why does it say _ _ 8.9? I thought I was below that? OH WAIT THE MIDDLE NUMBER IS DIFFERENT. What a great feeling.  I am also slowly working some working out into my routine as well, just like vegetables, I'm not a natural, so I have to slowly work it in and figure out what's good for me. Right now it's push ups, since I want my arms to look slammin'.  Since day 1 (we are almost at week 4) I am at approx 7 1/2 lbs lost. GO ME.

Let's all celebrate for July 4th with a happy dance!!

Anyway, I have 3 major things I have realized this week.
 1. Carb/Dairy cravings? Gone. All week we were cooking & eating paleo, as usual, and I have found that I am officially done sitting around craving other food. I no longer crave pasta, or cookies. If it's sitting in front of me that's a different story, but if I'm around my house I am not sitting around crying that I want some mac & cheese.. those cravings are really truly gone.
2. Veggies on Veggies on Veggies. I am also eating a ton of vegetables. A lot of my dinners are now Paleo creations i have found from Practical Paleo, or from Pinterest, and usually they are 80% vegetables. I used to really not seek out veggies at all, but now I eat them several times a day, and they are a large portion of my meal.
3. Lastly - the third big change, is that my perception of "healthy" is SO different than what it used to be. I look at rice and think "omg so unhealthy!", or I look at chicken fingers and think "yikes so unhealthy!". The idea of fast food disgusts me, and just overall things I used to die for now set off a red flag in my head. Do I judge people who eat them? ABSOLUTELY NOT. It's just different for me looking at things I used to salivate over, I am now shying away from quickly.  It's a bizarre feeling.

Recipe Recommend!! We had several successful Paleo recipes this week but my favorite was : Spicy Butternut Squash "Rice" with Tomatoes & Shrimp. It was fabulous. It tasted like Jambalaya, and the butternut squash resemblance to rice was uncanny.  Next time I think I will add some spicy sausage to give it even more of a jambalaya feel!  It can be found here! - Against all Grain - http://againstallgrain.com/2014/02/28/spicy-shrimp-butternut-squash-rice-tomatoes/ . She has a fabulous blog!
Mouth watering just looking at the picture.

HAPPY 4th OF JULY! I'll leave you all with this classy throwback of Kyle & I.
Who doesn't duct tape a flag to a Jeep?
Love always - Jack =)

No comments:

Post a Comment