Sunday, March 9, 2014

Springing Ahead!

One of the best and most horrible days of the year.  It's wonderful to have it be lighter out later in the day, but MAN when you lose that hour, it really feels like you lost a huge chunk of your day.

I am going to keep this quick since my mind is moving a million miles a minute.  This past week I 'stayed the same' only fluctuated by about an ounce or two. I should be happy because we had TWO MORE snow days, and we all know what happens on snow days... we pig out and keep ourselves occupied by eating.  However I am proud that I maintained.  This week it is back to meal planning and healthy eating.

One "tip" if you will, that I really swear by is eating a healthy and full breakfast.  I teach at a primary school, so I am constantly on, all day every day, so having a great breakfast and being ready to go at every second is essential.  I was making refrigerator oatmeals that I have not given up, but this week I decided to try another "Emily Bites" recipe of her Peach, Blueberry & Pecan baked oatmeal.  It's baking right now and smells loverly, so I can't wait to try it!  It is about 6 points per serving.  I'm excited about the idea of pre-portioning them out so that I can grab and go in the am since this week is going to one crazy-blurr of a week.

Another "tip" I emphasized last week, but I'll do it again. Don't be afraid to try reduced fat or fat free.  They really are surprisingly equivalent to their not-so-healthy counterparts, and they really do make a difference in how you feel when you are eating.  I have felt "lighter" just like I did last year when I started WW and using low fat/fat free options, and it's a great feeling. I don't constantly feel "stuffed" but I feel satisfied.

If you haven't already, I highly recommend checking out Emily Bites!  She has a lot of yummy WW friendly recipes.  I am having fun trying out a few of her recipes.

Some other recipes kyle and I are taking on this week are: Chicken & Biscuits casserole (Emily Bites), White Veggie Lasagna (emily bites), some spaghetti squash with marinara and a healthy take on Taco Bowls with Ground Chicken vs. Ground Beef.  I will post about the Taco Bowls sometime next weekend!  Kind of an easy DIY healthy take on tacos. YUM!

One last tip? Be a music teacher, and teach the Irish Jig to your kids. You will get your heart pumping ALL DAY.  I was ready to collapse at the end of the day Friday! Who knew? Healthy cardio while working. Woo hoo!

Love always - Jack =)
Just love him!

No comments:

Post a Comment